Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Tire for Daytona

Jayski broke this story yesterday so I will assume it is okay for me to finally discuss it and post pics.


Goodyear is rolling out a new tire for Daytona in all NASCAR series- no it is not a new compound or size - it is just made with a lot of pride and heart.    As you can see, they are "Supporting Our Troops" and will be rolling out all kinds of cool promotions along with the tire - including tires signed by drivers that you can bid on and proceeds will go to the troops and their families as well as ways to interact with the troops overseas NASCAR style.   Go to http://www.racegoodyear.com/ starting July 2nd for more details.


Also look for your favorite Penske and RCR drivers promoting the cause during the  Daytona races this weekend.   They did a great job nailing their lines while filming the commercials at Sonoma although none of them seemed to keen on the make up!

11 comments:

  1. I could say a lot of things about what needs to be done to support our troops.

    Suffice to say Thank You, Goodyear...

    And you too, Kristen for bringing it here and not pulling a DW in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It's a pretty creative idea that I'm sure has never been done before.

    P.S. My parents and I are coming to San Francisco on vacation next month! I've never been there before and I'm looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You try to do what's right and sit on a story.... and you get scooped! lol

    Great idea! Kudos to Goodyear.

    Salute, to the troops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably the best promotion that Goodyear has ever done. Wonder if it takes off if they would do it on passenger tires too. I would ante up to buy a set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dwindy - I so rarely are in a position to even "do" a "DW"! LOL

    Gonger - where ya been!??! Email me if you want any suggestions on where to go, what to do and where to eat!!!

    Gene - Thats Jayski for ya...LOL

    Photo - Now that is a good idea. Goodyear's PR chick (the one who threatened to take my camera until I promised I wouldn't post before Daytona...) said they will a lot of stuff tied to this idea and multiple races so could be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayski claims to have a deep throat insider. hmmmm....

    Great cause, and now we know why Sam was getting the Mary Kay make-over in Sonoma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam has great expressions, lol

    and yes, I did ask whether these tyres will be used by Juan and Marcos. Kristen said all teams, regardless of what country the driver is from :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....and happy Canada Day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GONGER!!! Check out Kristen's post! There's going to be a Daytona 500 2011 get-together!!! You can be the designated driver! Look out, Daytona!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. CR - I really wanted to be the Mary Kay girl...what a great job! Dunno how they would have done Junior with all that horrible facial hair...LOL

    Tez - I wish I had the time to post all pics of Sam in order- you are right his expressions were hilarious! Happy Canada to you!

    Bev - Is Gonger old enough to drive yet?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. No problem with the driving. Just got my license like two weeks ago... lol.

    I've been really busy the past couple of months. It seems like I have more schoolwork to do in the summer than in the actual school year...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think race fans!!