Saturday, May 3, 2008

Phoenix 4/08 Report from the Garage

Greetings from the garage at Phoenix! As many of you know, Miller Lite has decided to send me to several races this year to do some more behind the scenes reporting on the Miller Lite Racing team. It sounds like I will be doing blogs as well as some video interviews focusing on the team using their new slogan "More 2 It". I am quite a lucky girl to get these hot passes and look forward to bringing you all as much insider information as I can get at the track.

Unfortunately, I missed qualifying day but was at the track as soon as the credentials truck opened today. It was so great to be remembered and welcomed by the crew, all of which are the same guys from last year except for the tire guy. I even got a hug from Kurt who chatted with me about his live SPEED interview just minutes before about his first trip to PIR and this great picture of him in Rusty Wallace's pit (see it here: www.trpr.com).



It was a tough day for the Miller Lite team as they struggled to set up the car. Most of the teams were making a lot of adjustments, all of the cars seemed to be in the garages more than on the track during both practices today. With the high temps expected tomorrow and the changing track from day to night it will be even more difficult for the teams to hit the setups. Should make for some interesting racing.



Just before Happy Hour, Kurt met with Sammy Hagar and took him for some hot laps around the track in the pace car. I was invited to tag along (not in the car...) to take some pictures and was shocked when they let Sammy drive Kurt around! My guess is they will show this on the pre-race or on SPEED at some point this weekend. Sammy seemed pretty impressed and said he was surprised at how hard it was to drive at speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think race fans!!